Apparently this is a thing. Here are fifteen facts about me. However, three of them are lies.
- The overcrowding in my mouth is so much that one of my adult teeth actually came through the roof of my mouth and my wisdom teeth have come in sideways.
- For one National Novel Writing Month, I wrote a pop-science/philosophy book that alternated narration with explanation in the style of Science of Discworld.
- One of my dreams is to put on a production of Poulenc’s Dialogues of the Carmelites on Lake Constance as part of the Bregenz opera festival.
- I once put up with an ingrown toenail for about two years.
- I used to be a conspiracy theorist.
- Despite being one of “those” silly anti-religious/anti-creationist little shits, I actually culturally identify myself as a Zen Buddhist rather than ‘atheist’ owing to it being far more philosophically fulfilling.
- My internet handle evolved from a typographical error of my real name in the electronic class registers at high school, making it sound weird; others then rolled the same mispronunciation across my full name and I rolled with it.
- I have an irrational fear of house rabbits.
- I believe sex education in schools would be better served by teaching teenagers about S&M relationships rather than same-sex relationships.
- My weird celebrity crushes include Seth Gabel.
- I was once banned for three months from a bar for mooning the manager and the bouncer.
- I disproved one of the major results in my research thesis about a week after finalising the hardbound copy and submitting it, necessitating a very awkward conversation with my supervisor.
- I spent most of the second year of my postgraduate degree being treated for depression.
- My favourite TV series ever is Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds.
- I decided to add more than three “lies” to this list.
So, there they are. Fifteen facts about me, three of which are lies. Maybe, at a later date, I’ll unpack them and say which are the lies.